The People’s Convoy left Adelanto, CA on Feb. 23. Over 300 truckers began their trek to our nation’s capital in protest of medical mandates. What lessons can we learn from our northern neighbors? My prayer is that it doesn't become another January 6.
The Freedom Convoy
Canadians led the way in an organic, grass-roots, peaceful protest against medical mandates. The Freedom Convoy focused on two issues: ending the mandates and ending the vaccine passports. It was a simple message of freedom that garnered support from a diverse Canadian population.
The Freedom Convoy began in response to the Canadian government’s vaccine mandate for all truckers entering Canada. The mandate went into effect on Jan. 15 and by Jan. 23, the Canadian truckers assembled the Freedom Convoy which travelled from Vancouver to the capital city of Ottawa.
Even though about 90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated(1), this new mandate effected roughly 32,000 unvaccinated Canadian truckers. Upon re-entry into Canada, they would be required to test for COVID-19 and quarantine. This raised significant concerns within the trucking industry of driving shortages and fuel inflation. An estimated 500 trucks and 18,000 Canadians converged on Ottawa on Jan. 28 to set up a blockade in protest of PM Trudeau’s mandates.
Trudeau was clearly caught off guard, he dismissed the convoy as a “small fringe minority” with “unacceptable views”(2). But as momentum grew, he resorted to accusing the Freedom Convoy of using “hateful rhetoric” and engaging in “violence toward citizens” while stating “I have attended protests and rallies in the past when I agreed with the goals, when I supported the people expressing their concerns and their issues. Black Lives Matter is an excellent example of that.”(3)
Canada’s Minister of Finance, Chrystia Freeland, stated “we are broadening the scope of Canada’s anti-money laundering and terrorist financing rules so that they cover crowdfunding platforms and the payment service providers they use. These changes cover all forms of transactions… the illegal blockades have highlighted the fact that crowdfunding platforms and some of the payment service providers they use are not fully captured under the Proceeds of Crime and Terrorist Financial Act.”(4) Why didn't they do this with BLM's crowdfunding when the "peaceful protests” turned into riots with looting, vandalism, and violence?
The answer is because we live in an upside-down world. Trudeau and his cabinet view the Freedom Convoy as violent terrorists, while the BLM protesters are peaceful. This could not be further from the truth. BLM protesters chanted “f**k the cops” while destroying businesses and damaging property. While the Freedom Convoy knelt in prayer as they faced police in riot gear. You be the judge. Which scene looks peaceful and which scene looks violent?
Many of us have learned that we can’t rely on mainstream media to provide honest coverage of this historic event. Instead, we turn to people who were there with camera in hand. The photos from citizen journalists are consistent with reports from those who were there, “instead of violence there were bouncy castles, hot tubs, pancake breakfasts, pig roasts, road hockey games, dancing and fireworks displays.”(5)
Herbert Hilderbrandt, a citizen journalist, reported to Children’s Health Defense TV that the Freedom convoy was a “self-regulating community of peace and love”.(6) He spent several weeks in Ottawa among the protesters and determined that it was not a pre-planned, organized event. Rather it was a peaceful, grass-roots, organic protest. The beauty of the Canadian spirit was on display. People came together in communal living, cooking for one another, cleaning up trash, providing fuel for the trucks and caring for one another. It was a peaceful festival to celebrate freedom while voicing their disapproval of tyranny.
The violence only unfolded once Trudeau invoked the Emergency Act on Feb. 14. This gave the police temporary powers to use forceful measures in dispersing the crowd. It was the first time in Canadian history the Emergencies Act was used. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) moved through the crowd on horseback trampling at least two people, one of which was a disabled woman in a wheel chair.
Others reported watching riot police beat a protester with a rifle. In another incidence of violence, Ottawa police smashed the windows of a truck and dragged the driver out of his cab.(7) The world watched in astonishment at the brutality of the police under their new found power, compliments of the Emergencies Act.
By the way Trudeau, what was the emergency? Was Russia invading Canada? Was every capital city in the nation under siege? Was there a terrorist attack? NO, NO and NO!
What were the crimes the protesters committed? Mischief. According to Ottawa Police, 191 people were arrested, 103 were charged, and 76 vehicles were towed.(8)
It became clear the Freedom Convoy was not appreciated by the residents of Ottawa. Not only was it loud, the blockade paralyzed the city creating an inability for residents to access businesses. In response, a group of residents filed a class action lawsuit against the protesters. They set a new precedent in Canadian law when the judge granted them a Mareva injunction to freeze 146 cryptocurrency wallets of the protesters.(9)
But shall we put this in perspective?
The comfort and tranquility of Ottawa residents was interrupted for 3 weeks no doubt, but for nearly 2 years, the lives of Canadians have been upended by COVID restrictions. As just one example, Canadians (similar to the experience of Americans) are prohibited from visiting their dying family member in a hospital. So, despite the residents feeling intimidated and greatly inconvenienced, the bigger picture of medical tyranny is far more serious. PM Trudeau’s response was egregiously disproportionate and only confirmed his tyrannical methods.
The Emergencies Act gave financial institutions the power to freeze the bank accounts of those who donated to the Freedom Convoy. Consequently, the RCMP ordered a freeze on 206 bank accounts of individuals and corporations related to the protests. Additionally, 253 Bitcoin addresses were flagged.(10) Hilderbrandt reported that even a grandmother, who purchased a Freedom Convoy sweatshirt for $25, had her bank account frozen.(11)
While the vaccine passports and mandates have not ended across Canada, many provinces have begun to lift their restrictions. Even more importantly, the Freedom Convoy ripped the veil shrouding the modus operandi of Trudeau’s leadership. It is now crystal clear that Trudeau serves the interests of the elite rather than Canadians. This actually shouldn’t be a surprise given that Klaus Schwab mentored Trudeau.
Klaus Schwab is the founder and chairman of the World Economic Forum and the brain child of the Great Reset. The World Economic Forum predicted life in 10 years for the citizens of the world… “you’ll own nothing and you’ll be happy.” In 2017, Schwab boasted in his acolyte, Justin Trudeau, who was part of the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders program. Schwab is “really proud of” Trudeau and went on to say “we penetrate the cabinets…I was at a reception for Prime Minister Trudeau and I know that half of his cabinet or even more are Young Global Leaders of the World Economic Forum.”(12) The Freedom Convoy forced Trudeau to play his hand. But what so many still don’t realize is the conflict-of-interest Trudeau has with respect to mandates and vaccine passports.
Dr. David Martin exposed the monopoly Canada has with the COVID-19 injection. Arbutus Biopharma, a Canadian company, owns the lipid nanoparticle patent used in the mRNA injections. Trudeau knew that this Canadian company would benefit from his mandate. It was a win for the Canadian economy but a loss for the people of Canada. Arbutus claims “extensive scope of its patent coverage over virtually all lipid nanoparticle (LNP) delivery systems.”(13) Dr. Martin paints the big picture, “Trudeau’s Canada had the monopoly on the world’s adoption of the mRNA gene therapy shots. He wasn’t promoting science. He was promoting the Canadian economic interest in the gene therapy illegally promoted as a vaccine.”(14)
Now that the Freedom Convoy has been cleared out of Ottawa, the call across Canada is to #ExitTheSystem. Hilderbrandt reported that Canadians are, in fact, exiting the system. It started when Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist, warned Canadians on his podcast on Feb. 19 to withdraw their money out of the banks. He received an email the morning of Feb. 19 from a “reliable source” within the Canadian military and who told him “if [you] had any sense, [you] would take [your] money out of the Canadian banks because the situation is far worse than [you] have been informed”. The situation had already rapidly deteriorated when the financial institutions froze accounts a few days prior. Peterson stated Trudeau “permanently destroyed 20% of the population’s faith in the entire Canadian banking system.”(15)
By the tens of thousands, Canadians withdrew their money to send a powerful message against tyranny. In a 24-period starting on Feb. 22, there was a 500% increase in account withdrawals.(16) This forced Trudeau to revoke the Emergencies Act on Feb. 23. Pulling out of the bank was a risky move for Canadians, it could have triggered a banking panic that spread to other nations. But the move certainly drew the attention of the elites because on Feb. 21, Canadian financial institutions began to unfreeze the accounts of those who supported the Freedom Convoy.(17)
The call to exit the system is expanding beyond exiting the banks; it’s a call for Canadians to exit the Toronto stock exchange, exit the schools, exit Netflix and cable television, exit the Big Box stores, exit Big Pharma and exit the medical system. What will the elites do when the populace is no longer enslaved by the globalist system? The days ahead may prove to be very interesting.
Written by Laura Sanger, Ph.D.
1. Barrett, E. (February 21, 2022). Pepper Spray, tow trucks, and Bitcoin seizures: How Canada finally ended the week-long Freedom Convoy protests in Ottawa. Fortune Magazine. Retrieved from https://fortune.com/2022/02/21/canada-ottawa-freedom-convoy-protest-ends-truckers-arrest-covid-vaccine-mandate/
2. Colton, E. (January 31, 2022). Trudeau Slams ‘Freedom Convoy’ for ‘hateful rhetoric’, prefers to support BLM protesters. Fox News. https://www.foxnews.com/world/justin-trudeau-freedom-convoy-protesters-hateful-rhetoric.
4. CPAC (January 31, 2022). PM Justin Trudeau Responds to Ongoing Protest in Ottawa. Retrieved from https://www.cpac.ca/episode?id=25938d1e-e4a3-492e-a6a0-0d3ec00db7d5
5. Warmington, J. (February 18, 2022). Warmington: Police horses trample demonstrators at Freedom Convoy protest in Ottawa. Toronto Sun. Retrieved from https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-police-horses-trample-demonstrators-at-freedom-convoy-protest-in-ottawa
6. CHD.TV Convoy Update (February 23, 2022). Michael Kane interview with Herbert Hilderbrandt. Retrieved from https://live.childrenshealthdefense.org.
7. Warmington, J. (February 18, 2022). Warmington: Police horses trample demonstrators at Freedom Convoy protest in Ottawa. Toronto Sun. Retrieved from https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-police-horses-trample-demonstrators-at-freedom-convoy-protest-in-ottawa
8. Coote, D. (February 21, 2022). Ottawa occupation mostly dismantled but police measures to remain for now. UPI. Retrieved from https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2022/02/21/canada-police-protest-dismantled/8661645419742/
9. Barrett, E. (February 21, 2022). Pepper Spray, tow trucks, and Bitcoin seizures: How Canada finally ended the week-long Freedom Convoy protests in Ottawa. Fortune Magazine. Retrieved from https://fortune.com/2022/02/21/canada-ottawa-freedom-convoy-protest-ends-truckers-arrest-covid-vaccine-mandate/
11. CHD.TV Convoy Update (February 23, 2022). Michael Kane interview with Herbert Hilderbrandt. Retrieved from https://live.childrenshealthdefense.org.
12. Fanning, M. and Jones, A. (January 30, 2022). Klaus Schwab Brags that Merkel, Trudeau, Putin Are Former World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders. The American Report.Retrieved from https://theamericanreport.org/2022/01/30/klaus-schwab-brags-that-trudeau-merkel-putin-are-former-world-economic-forum-young-global-leaders-we-penetrate-the-cabinets/
13. Kansteiner, F. (December 1, 2021). Moderna loses bid to invalidate vaccine delivery patents, teeing up potential infringement lawsuit. Fierce Pharma. Retrieved from https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/moderna-loses-bid-to-invalidate-vaccine-delivery-patents-teeing-up-potential-lawsuit
14. Martin, D. (February 17, 2022). Dr David Martin’s Urgent Canadian Trucker Update & Trudeau’s Conflict Of interest, Lawsuits Coming [video]. Telegram. https://t.me/DrDavidMartin
15. Klein, J. (February 23, 2022). Jordan Peterson Tells Canadians to Withdraw Bank Funds to Avoid Trudeau Tyranny. Breitbart. Retrieved from https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/23/jordan-peterson-tells-canadians-withdraw-bank-funds-avoid-trudeau-tyranny/
16. Armstrong, M. (February 23, 2022). Trudeau Backs Down After Banks Scream About Massive Withdrawals. Armstrong Economics. Retrieved from https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/canada/trudeau-backs-down-after-banks-scream-about-massive-withdrawals/
17. Turnball, S. (February 22, 2022). Banks begin unfreezing accounts of Freedom Convoy supporters: finance official. CTV News. Retrieved from https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/banks-begin-unfreezing-accounts-of-freedom-convoy-supporters-finance-official-1.5791589