It’s been a little over a year since COVID-19 appeared on the scene. It’s unfathomable the destruction and pain this virus has caused humanity. Shortly into the reality that COVID-19 was rapidly spreading across the globe, I refused to call it “coronavirus”. My reasoning – corona means “crown”. Our words have power and I refused to crown this in my life, in my community and in my nation. Even though there have been ardent disagreements of how best to combat the virus, one thing most people can agree on is we want this virus to stop dominating our lives! It would be lovely if it just vanished off the face of the earth, but since that’s not really a viable option, how do we dethrone this virus?
We get honest about it!
In this three-part series, I will address key aspects of the pandemic.
1) Origins of COVID-19
2) Diagnostic tests and treatments
3) Mitigation strategies
My hope is that we can strip away the layers of deception to get down to the “nitty gritty” of what has transpired.
Most people are aware that COVID-19 originated in Wuhan, China but what many people don’t understand is where specifically it came from. In the early stages of the outbreak, the narrative developed by China and the Main Stream Media (MSM) was that it came from a “wet” market and presumably from a bat. But did it? Let’s do some digging.
Natural vs Engineered Virus
As the first cases of SARS-CoV-2 appeared in Wuhan, it was determined to be a zoonotic virus meaning it was a pathogen originating in a bat which was then transmitted to a human. While this natural origin theory for the virus has largely been accepted by the masses, there is a growing number of experts who are questioning the accuracy of it.
Li-Meng Yan, M.D., Ph.D., a courageous Chinese virologist, began to speak out about the nature of the virus and where it came from. She interviewed with Tucker Carlson on September 15, 2020. Here’s a portion of the transcript from that interview (Dr. Yan speaks broken English):
“I can present solid scientific evidence that…this virus…actually is not from nature, it is a man-made virus created in the lab based on the China military discovered and owned virionic bat coronavirus which cannot affect people but after the modification, it becomes a very harmful virus.”
Tucker responded “So what your saying is much more sinister than we’ve suggested on this show…you’re saying that the Chinese government manufactured this virus?”
Dr. Yan responded “Yes exactly. Based on the virus genome which is basically like our fingerprint so you can see that there are very unusual characters in their genome which clearly…means this is directly come from their own special bat coronavirus and then targeted humans… it’s very clear that this virus is like Frankenstein…it can never come from nature, there was evidence of this left in the genome.”(1)
At great risk to herself and her family, Dr. Yan left her position at a prestigious Hong Kong university to become a whistleblower. Following her interview with Tucker Carlson, her mother was arrested by Chinese officials.(2) Is this retribution for the allegations she made? Is the CCP trying to hide something?
Dr. Yan and her colleagues have written two articles providing evidence that SARS-CoV-2 was released intentionally and should be categorized as an “unrestricted bioweapon”.(3) These are serious allegations and are not taken lightly by this team of experienced scientists. They are well aware of the tactics used by the CCP to silence them and they have counted the costs.
In our quest to dethrone this virus, we need to discover what is true about its origin; we need to excavate through layers of deception. A smear campaign was launched against Dr. Yan and her colleagues shortly after they released their findings, but we can’t take these attempts to discredit their findings at face value, otherwise we too could be hoodwinked by deception. Instead, we need to consider the experience these scientists bring to the table, as we weigh the evidence they provide. Combined, this group of scientists have expertise in virology, molecular biology, structural biology, computational biology, vaccine development and medicine. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Now let’s consider the evidence Dr. Yan and her colleagues present that led them to make such serious allegations.
Dr. Yan writes “The natural origin theory, although widely accepted, lacks substantial support. The alternative theory that the virus may have come from a research laboratory is, however, strictly censored on peer-reviewed scientific journals. Nonetheless, SARS-CoV-2 shows biological characteristics that are inconsistent with a naturally occurring, zoonotic virus…The evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 should be a laboratory product created by using the bat coronaviruses ZC45 and or ZXC21 as a template and a backbone. Building upon the evidence, we further postulate a synthetic route for SARS-CoV-2, demonstrating that the laboratory-creation of this coronavirus is convenient and can be accomplished in approximately six months….The genome sequence of SARS-CoV-2 has likely undergone genetic engineering, through which the virus has gained the ability to target humans with enhanced virulence and infectivity.”(4)
Li-Meng Yan and her colleagues lay out clear and convincing evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not a naturally occurring virus, rather one that was developed in a laboratory - the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV). They explain that the existing scientific publications that support the natural origin theory of SARS-CoV-2 rely solely on a piece of evidence that a “previously discovered bat coronavirus named RaTG13, which shares a 96% nucleotide sequence identity with SARS-CoV-2” is highly suspect.(5) There are severe problems with the analyses of RaTG13, in fact, Dr. Yan’s team uncovered probable fraud among the scientists who performed the genomic sequence of RaTG13. The fraud points to the lead researcher/director of WIV, Dr. Shi.(6).
Furthermore, Dr. Yan found “SARS-CoV-2 contains a unique furin-cleavage site in its Spike protein, which is known to greatly enhance viral infectivity and cell tropism. Yet, this cleavage site is completely absent in this particular class of coronaviruses found in nature.”(7) This points to gain-of-function research.
Thankfully, Dr. Yan and her colleagues are not the lone voices on the matter, more experts are drawing the same conclusion that SARS-CoV-2 did not come from a “wet” market. The former Deputy National Security Advisor, Matthew Pottinger, is the highest-ranking U.S. official to state that the “most credible” theory about the origins of SARS-CoV-2, is that it escaped from the WIV either by accident or from a leak.(8) Jamie Metzl, an advisor to the WHO, recently drew the same conclusion. He acknowledged that more evidence is surfacing that builds the case that the virus originated from an “accidental lab leak”.(9)
It seems that the eyes of the world are beginning to turn toward the WIV as the culprit for the release of the pandemic. The WHO has sent a team of investigators to Wuhan to ascertain the origins of the virus. Given the CCP’s concern about being blamed for missteps in their response to the outbreak, the WHO’s investigation is politically sensitive. It’s not surprising that the initial reports from this team of experts steer clear of the WIV as being the source of the outbreak. Peter Ben Embarek, the lead WHO investigator on this mission, stated “The Wuhan Institute of Virology has collected many virus samples, leading to allegations that it may have been the source of the original outbreak, whether on purpose or accidentally. But experts now consider the possibility of such a leak so improbable that it will not be suggested as an avenue of future study.”(10) Hmmm…The WHO and the CCP are not exactly stellar with transparency. We might be deceived if we take at face value what they say, so we need to dig further.
Wuhan Institute of Virology
What exactly goes on at the WIV? Well, you might be surprised to learn that our very own “American folk hero”, Dr. Anthony Fauci has been involved in the coronavirus research at the WIV. As Director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Dr. Fauci was instrumental in funding the gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at WIV. Gain-of-function research is a controversial practice that involves “manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans”.(11) This type of researched has been conducted for years but in 2014, 200 scientists were able to pressure the Obama Administration to halt all studies. The scientists cited the risk of a pandemic starting from an accidental lab leak far outweigh the benefits of such research. Unfortunately the moratorium ended in 2017 and despite efforts to establish accountability measures for this research, the NIAID moved forward in secrecy with their gain-of-function research in conjunction with WIV.(12)
The U.S. State Department released a “Fact Sheet” on January 15, 2021 regarding the activity at the WIV. They revealed that the WIV has a “published record of conducting gain-of-function research to engineer chimeric viruses. But the WIV has not been transparent or consistent about this record of studying viruses most similar to the COVID-19 virus, including RaTG13…a full accounting of why the WIV altered and then removed online records of its work with RaTG13 and other viruses” must be made available to the WHO investigators.(13) The State Department also raised concerns that “several researchers inside the WIV became sick in autumn 2019, before the first identified case of the outbreak, with symptoms consistent with both COVID-19 and common seasonal illnesses. This raises questions about the credibility of senior researcher Shi Zhengli’s public claim that there was “zero infection” among the WIV’s staff and students related to SARS-CoV-2.”(14) It appears that the WHO, NIAID, WIV and CCP may be motivated to cover up the truth.
Do the global elites play a role in the origins of COVID-19? The Peruvian Chincha and Pisco Criminal Appeals Chamber thinks they do. In January 2021, the Chief Justices of this local court released a statement within one of its rulings: “No world government, natural and legal persons, nor the defendant’s defence can maintain that this pandemic has the quality of [being] ‘predictable’, except for the creators of the new world order such as Bill Gates, Soros, Rockefeller and others, who handled it and continue to do so with extreme secrecy within their environments and global corporations”.(15) It seems the Chief Justices of the Chincha and Pisco court hold the global elites responsible for the pandemic. As you can imagine, this has ruffled many feathers; the Supreme Court in the Ica Region of Peru is investigating on what basis the Chief Justices made this charge. If we dig a little further, we can find evidence that may have led them to draw this conclusion.
In 2015, Richard Rothschild received a patent for a “System and Method for Testing for COVID-19” (see Figure 1). Uhhh….wait a second, four years before COVID-19 was a thing, a
Figure 1. Dutch Government Patent Registry Website. Retrieved from https://nl.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/inpadocPatentFamily?CC=US&NR=2020279585A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=3&date=20200903&DB=&locale=nl_NL
Rothschild received a patent for testing the virus? But if it’s a naturally occurring virus like the WHO wants us to believe, how did Sir Rothschild know in 2015 that a SARS-CoV-2 virus named COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease of 2019) would manifest? Perhaps Sir Rothschild is prophetic.
Perhaps Bill Gates, the WHO, the World Economic Forum and Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security are prophetic as well. These entities hosted Event 201 in October 2019 in which a global pandemic caused by a novel coronavirus was simulated. Michael Ryan, M.D., Director of WHO Health Emergencies Program stated “I fully expect that we will be confronted with a fast moving, highly lethal pandemic of an upper respiratory pathogen.”(16)
Perhaps Dr. Fauci is also prophetic when he stated in 2017 “There is no question there is going to be a challenge for the coming administration [Trump] in the arena of infectious diseases. There will be a surprise outbreak. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind about this.”(17)
Are they really all prescient or could it be there was a plan to release a fast-moving, novel coronavirus for the purpose of triggering a global pandemic? Perhaps Dr. Yan and her colleagues were accurate in their assessment that COVID-19 is an “unrestricted bioweapon”.
Stay tuned for Part II in this series - we will investigate the accuracy of the diagnostic tests and the effectiveness of treatment regimens for COVID-19.
Written by Laura Sanger, Ph.D.
1. Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News (Sept 15, 2020).
2. Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News (Oct 5, 2020).
3. Yan, L.M., Kang, S., Guan, J. & Hu, S. (Oct 8, 2020). SARS-CoV-2 Is an Unrestricted Bioweapon: A Truth Revealed through Uncovering a Large-Scale, Organized Scientific Fraud. Zenodo. http://doi.org?10.5281/zenodo.4073131
4. Yan, L.M., Kang, S., Guan, J. & Hu, S. (Sept 14, 2020). Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route. Zenodo. http:/doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4028830.
5. Yan, L.M., Kang, S., Guan, J. & Hu, S. (Oct 8, 2020). SARS-CoV-2 Is an Unrestricted Bioweapon: A Truth Revealed through Uncovering a Large-Scale, Organized Scientific Fraud. Zenodo. http://doi.org?10.5281/zenodo.4073131
6. Yan, L.M., Kang, S., Guan, J. & Hu, S. (Sept 14, 2020). Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route. Zenodo. http:/doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4028830.
7. Taher, A. (Jan 2, 2021). China Lab Leak is the ‘Most Credible’ Source of the Coronavirus Outbreak, Says Top US Government Official, Amid Bombshell Claims Wuhan Scientist Has Turned Whistleblower. Daily Mail. Retrieved from https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9106951/Lab-leak-credible-source-coronavirus-outbreak-says-government-official.html.
8. Stevenson, J. (Jan 23, 2021). WHO Advisor: COVID-19 Pandemic Likely Started Via Lab Leak. Toronto Sun. Retrieved from https://torontosun.com/news/world/who-advisor-covid-19-pandemic-started-via-a-lab-leak.
9. Guterl, F. (April 28, 2020). Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research. Newsweek. Retrieved from https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741
10. Fujiyama, E. W. (February 9, 2021). WHO Team: Coronavirus Unlikely to Have Leaked From China Lab. Associated Press. Retrieved from https://apnews.com/article/who-virus-unlikley-leaked-china-lab-7a739e01f0713ebcc031d7ca81c51345
11. Guterl, F. (April 28, 2020). Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research. Newsweek. Retrieved from https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741
13. Office of the Spokesperson (January 15, 2021). Fact Sheet: Activity at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. United States Department of State. Retrieved from https://2017-2021.state.gov/fact-sheet-activity-at-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology//index.html
14. Pompeo, M. R. (January 15, 2021). Ensuring a Transparent, Thorough Investigation of COVID-19’s Origin. United States Department of State Press Statement. Retrieved from https://2017-2021.state.gov/ensuring-a-transparent-thorough-investigation-of-covid-19s-origin//index.html
15. Burunov, O. (January 19, 2021). Peruvian Court Probing Judges’ Ruling Alleging Soros, Bill Gates are Creators of COVID-19 Pandemic. Sputnik News. Retrieved from https://sptnkne.ws/EW5b
16. Segment 1 – Intro and Medical Countermeasures Discussion (October 18, 2019). Event 201. Retrieved from https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/videos.html
17. Georgetown Global (February 14, 2017). Pandemic Preparedness in the Next Administration: Keynote Address by Anthony S. Fauci. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXGAxGJgQI&feature=emb_logo