Theme: increase, harvest, abundant rain, new beginning
I. Biblical name is Bul
A. Hebrew meaning of Bul is 'increase, produce'. It’s known as the month of showers or
month of rain. It's the produce or outgrowth that comes from the rain and showers.
B. It's the 8th month
1. Hebrew word for eighth is 'shemiyniy' which also means octave. The 8th day after a
feast is known as an octave. In music, an octave contains eight notes in a
progression of frequency. A note played on the next higher octave has double
frequency of that same note. Eight is also tied to plumpness or having plenty as if a
surplus above the perfect 7.
2. 8 represents new beginnings - the start of a new week. In an octave, it represents
both the start of something new and the completion of a series.
3. 8 represents covenant – on the 8th day male babies are circumcised. Also in the 8th
month God reveals the sign of His covenant with the rainbow.
C. It's the only month that has no Jewish feasts or celebrations
II. Biblical events in the 8th month
A. The flood began and ended in the month of Chesvan
1. Genesis 7:11, 8:14-16
B. God makes a covenant with all of creation not to destroy by flood – Jewish tradition
places this at the end of Chesvan or beginning of Kislev.
1. Genesis 9: 8 – 17. The rainbow is a sign of His promise that the waters will never
again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
C. Jewish tradition suggests that Rachel died on the 11th of Chesvan giving birth to
1. Jacob buried her on the road to Bethlehem (Genesis 35:19-20)
2. Rachel weeps for her children to return to Israel. Jeremiah 31:15-17. Even though
her physical body is dead, her spiritual being is interceding for Israel to be restored.
3. This scripture is quoted in Matthew 2:16-18 when Herod orders all the boys under 2
yrs old to be killed in Bethlehem and its vicinity. Rachel’s burial place is in this area.
D. We see the completion of something new, the first temple built.
1. I Kings 6:37-38 The foundation of the temple of the Lord was laid in the fourth year,
in the month of Ziv. 38 In the eleventh year in the month of Bul, the eighth month, the
temple was finished in all its details according to its specifications. He had spent
seven years building it.
III. Prophetic Significance
A. Chesvan is a month when the heaven’s open and the rain pours down
B. A month of new beginnings when the heavens pour out blessings that overtake us.
C. This is a month of increase
1. Sometimes the Lord bring signs of this in the heavens. On Nov 16th, 2016 we
experienced a supermoon. It was the largest supermoon since 1948 when Israel
became a nation. It won’t be this large again until Nov 25, 2034. Chuck Pierce
prophesied that the supermoon represents revelation that will be released this month
to unlock you in ways you have not been unlocked.
2. Many people see triple digits. I keep seeing 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, and 5:55. Patricia
King shared about seeing 1:11 a lot and the Lord led her to Deuteronomy 1:11 and
Joshua 1:11. She said 1:11 is a promise of breakthrough. Deut 1:11 “May the Lord,
the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as He has
promised.” Joshua 1:11 “Go through all the camp and tell the people, ‘Get your
supplies ready. Three days from now you will cross the Jordan here to go in and take
possession of the land the Lord your god is giving you for your own.” I believe that
seeing triples represents a three-fold cord. The Lord has been highlighting the three
fold cord of sound, light, and time.
3. Chuck Pierce - Firstfruits allows us to have a revelation of His blessing. It’s a key to
living in the favor and prosperity of God. Giving Him the first of the crop makes the
whole crop holy. Giving Him the first of our income breaks curse off of finances.
When we honor God by giving Him the first and best of our time, His blessing is
released and our times are secured in Him. Firstfruits sanctifies time. We sanctify
our supply lines of provision by giving God our firstfruits. He will multiply our time
because we are renewing how we think each month.
4. The Rainbow – speaks to God’s faithfulness and that He is a covenant God that does
not break His promises. The rainbow symbolizes life and that Jesus is the light of the
world. I believe God wants to bring greater revelation to us through the rainbow.
The 7 colors are the full spectrum of visible light, they correspond to the 7 Spirits of